Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2013 Is the Year To Make It Happen

It's a new year, with new opportunities. Since we survived the Mayan predicted end of the world, and life is seemingly continuing in the same fashion, I guess it's time to make the most of it. 

Step number one - catch up on my horoscopes for 2013.  It's nice to start out knowing where the planets and stars will be aligned, so I can put my efforts in where they're needed....no, really, I read it for fun, and to boost my belief that this will be my year. In fact, I read a whole slew of them, and then compiled all my favorite parts in to "my horoscope" for the year. If all comes true, I will fall in love, have great, satisfying sex (yes, that was actually predicted in one!), greatly improve my health, have a fabulous financial year (thank God!!), and make great strides in my career....OK, it did mention I will have to work a little for that one, but at least I know my efforts will be worth it.

I was really hoping to see that my kids would start listening to me, stop arguing with each other and me, do their chores without being told a million times, keep their grades up and  be the loveable, great kids I know they are; or can be, but that the rest of the world probably is missing out on. Unfortunately there was no mention of accomplishing anything as a parent...  

I was also hoping to see the date for when my lottery ticket would be a jackpot winner; probably not gonna happen, since it did state "my wants and needs will be taken care of, not my greed" - so guess that is out...unless I really lay out how that would cater to my wants and needs as well as those of others...gotta work on that one. 

A little mention about the ex deciding to be a great father and following through with it, would have been welcome too, but that is apparently not in the stars....guess even they can't figure out how to make that happen.

Jokes and horoscopes aside, I have decided to make 2013 a fabulous year. I'm tired of just getting by, not having the opportunity to do what I want, when I want to, having to say no to my kids' requests more often than not, and feeling like I'm stuck in an everlasting rut. Time to move ahead, leave 2012 and all its nonsense behind. Time to look ahead, reach goals and make dreams come true. Time to show off the 40+ and fabulous girl!  Here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment