Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mid Life Crisis

It's a new year, and even though I have made no efforts of making new years resolutions, I have taken some time to reflect on my life. Not all discoveries of my mid-life is pleasant:
  1. I have a sneaking suspicion I too am mortal.  
  2. Judging by a few new lines and sagging butt, "forever young" apparently does not apply to me.
  3. My bathroom mirror is a liar!!
  4. My bathroom scale is no longer my friend.
  5. I would like to have a relationship, but have no energy or time to pursue one.
  6. According to my recollection, sex is a good thing...pretty sure I still remember how, but referring to  no. 5, that might be a mute point.
  7. When I look at my now "know-it-all-so-much-better-than-you-mom" kids, my first thought has gone from "I am so lucky to be your mother" to "I have stretch marks for this?!?"
  8. There is a whole lot more to remember than there used to be. 
  9. Sleeping with my contacts in, is my only defense for not seeing well enough to find my glasses in the morning.
  10. The prescription for my glasses is still correct. Wearing them on top of having contacts in, is what makes everything seem distorted.
  11. Somehow everybody else got younger...
  12. Naps.  I love naps!
  13. I turn down invitations for parties and dinners, because the effort of getting ready does not seem worth it. 
  14. The hair growth on my legs has slowed down. Good thing, so I have extra time to take care of that mustache...
  15. My collection of "lounge wear" has replaced the "club wear"
  16. The 80's fad of wearing sneakers with your dress now seems like a good idea...
  17. Red sports cars are hot! 
  18. My hair alone cannot make me look 10 years younger (damn it!)
  19. There is no dress code at the grocery store.
...well, even with all this, getting older is still better than the alternative.  Expecting 2013 to be a fabulous year!

No comments:

Post a Comment